Richard Jr.'s Reviews > Picture Me Dead

Picture Me Dead by Heather Graham

17209090

bookshelves: murder-mystery
Recommended for: People who like wa good police based murder mystery

I thoroughly enjoyed 'Picture Me Dead" although I felt that I could have chopped out the central 100 pages and still had a great read at 323. The boathouse to apartment play between Ashley and Jake is too much back and forth for me. I got a bit bored out in the middle of the book. Fortunately, if you feel ennui sneaking in, or you start to yawn, just skip to the next love making scene. You'll come away with new learning! The "Prologue" really pulls you in at the start of the book. Then the love-hate cycle between Ashley and Jake make for a good fallback in between the intrigue of the mystery. I kept wondering if Ashley was going to drop out of the Police academy. The author obviously came up with a better solution. Everglades scenes and the death on the motorway scene are a bit contrived, but lay the groundwork for other things to come in the book. My wife was totally absorbed with the book. It took me ten days to do the reading of the 400+ pages while she only took two days, so there you have it ladies, it gets a higher rating from the gals, but that's OK because men have been getting all the good parts in books for eyars and now it looks like some smart tough women are stepping forward in novels to equalize the filed. A very good book, enjoy the reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Picture Me Dead.

April 13, 2018 – Started Reading