LilyElement's Reviews > Died in the Wool

Died in the Wool by Peggy Ehrhart

bookshelves: 2018, mystery

Died in the Wool is book 2 in A Knit & Nibble Mystery series. I am a knitter so I grabbed book 1 awhile back and really enjoyed it so I knew I had to try this installment! I've been enjoying cozy mysteries lately and loved that this had a knitting element as well as the whodunit.

Pamela Paterson and her knitting group want to help raise funds for the school and decide to make some aardvarks, the school's mascot, to sell at the town festival. It seems to be going fine until two of the aardvarks go missing and when they're packing up to go they find a body stuffed under their table with one of the missing plushies. The town is going a bit nuts and blaming the knitting group and Pamela and her friend Bettina are determined to figure out who the murderer is. This was a fun read and went pretty fast for me since I couldn't figure out who the killer was before it was revealed.

Died in the Wool is a cozy mystery that you'll want to unravel the clues and catch the killer. I do enjoy that we get to see Pamela's daily life along with the mystery element. We got to see her daughter in the house for Summer, and even a bit of her editing job for a knitting magazine. Everyone is trying to set Pamela and her new neighbor up so there might be a touch of romance later in the series but it will for sure be on the back burner. Overall, this is a fun series and you don't need to be a knitter to enjoy. If you like cozy mysteries you'd love this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Died in the Wool.

May 4, 2018 – Shelved