Neeraj Adhikari's Reviews > WORK: How to Find Joy and Meaning in Each Hour of the Day

WORK by Thich Nhat Hanh

liked it
bookshelves: zen

This book teaches you how to practice mindful work, how to apply zen to your workday from the moment you wake up to the end of the day. It guides you in applying these principles to your workplace so that you can work well and be at peace with yourself, your co-workers and the world.

I am a great believer in the efficacy of Zen principles - especially mindfulness - in increasing your overall well-being and happiness. That said, I really lack practice and I'm rarely, if ever, mindful. This book changed that a bit. Even though I remembered to pay attention to my breathing and be mindful (mostly) only while reading the book, I could feel my stress levels decreasing during the whole day. I was less frequently agitated and irritated.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read WORK.

May 4, 2018 – Started Reading
May 4, 2018 – Shelved
May 4, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
June 11, 2018 – Shelved as: zen
June 11, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Kunwar Sounds like something I would need. Normally I don't go for non-fiction. I prefer adrenaline-rush-inducing books. :D

Neeraj Adhikari Jenny wrote: "Sounds like something I would need. Normally I don't go for non-fiction. I prefer adrenaline-rush-inducing books. :D"

Well if you want to subdue all that adrenaline after a rush-inducing book then this is what you need :D