Torieehs's Reviews > The Lying Game

The Lying Game by Sara Shepard

U 50x66
Nov 21, 2011

The characters in the Lying Game are very sly, snobby and rude. All the characters have their own ways in doing things. Some of the characters are flat and some are very well rounded. The main two characters, the twins are the total opposites. Emma turns out to be a huge trouble maker that people are afraid of and Hannah is this so called “goody two shoe”, but they all have somewhat of pure evil in them, they also have this to do not mess with me attitude.
The book The Lying Game had many twists and turns throughout it. I was kept guessing through almost the whole story. Who would have guessed that the “clan” had a clue about what was going on, or did they assume they knew and really didn’t? The stories plot definitely fits with the book. It always seemed like it had the right mood at the right times. In my opinion I thought the book kept at a great pace to where I understood what was going on for the most part. I thought it was kind of fun putting me in Hannah’s shoes and trying to piece the puzzle together.
I thought the authors writing made me feel like I was in the story trying to help Hannah out. It felt like at times it got a little wordy, like when explaining some of the different themes in the book. I was really confused in the book when Hannah met Ethan for the first time on the porch I felt like something was worded a little funny, or something was left out. For the most part the author did a great job and kept me interested. I think the Authors point of the story was to show that anything is possible and you really don’t know what’s out there. The person next to you could be a killer for all you know. Also there are times when your so called “best friends” aren’t really your best friends. I loved this story; I would have to say it was my second favorite book that I have ever read. I would recommend it to anyone really. It keeps you on your toes, that’s for sure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lying Game.