Brenda's Reviews > The Lost Man

The Lost Man by Jane Harper

bookshelves: 2018-release, aussie-authors, thriller, 5000-books, arc, sent-by-publisher, reviewing-by-request, own-read

When Bub and Nathan came together at the edge of their two properties where the stockman’s grave was located, they were both shocked to see the body of their brother Cameron lying in the shadow of the tombstone. But why was he there? He knew the countryside like the back of his hand. He knew never to leave his vehicle, or to be without water – but there was no evidence of either. When the lone policeman plus the medical officer arrived, the verdict of dehydration was swift.

As Cameron’s wife and two daughters tried to come to terms with his death, the rest of the family was stricken with grief. The lead up to Christmas was on them; Cameron’s funeral would have to be held soon; but Nathan struggled to work out why Cameron had died. Quietly working things through in his mind, he knew he should let it go. But he couldn’t…

Wow! That was brilliant! A breathtaking, slow burning thriller that captivated me until the very last page. The burning sun, the red dust, the vast and lonely landscape – a desolate countryside; but perfect for The Lost Man by Aussie author Jane Harper. I would venture to say this one is even better than her first two, and I loved them! The Lost Man is a standalone novel – a powerful read which I highly recommend.

With thanks to Pan Macmillan AU for my ARC to read in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Man.

May 2, 2018 – Shelved
October 2, 2018 – Shelved as: reviewing-by-request
November 1, 2018 – Started Reading
November 1, 2018 – Shelved as: own-read
November 2, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)

message 1: by Bianca (new) - added it

Bianca Another winner from Jane Harper. I'm very keen, hopefully I'll get to it early next year.

♥ Sandi ❣	Nice Brenda - I have the digital, just need to work it in...sigh!

Cathrine ☯️ High praise Brenda. Can't wait to get my hands on this one.

Ashley OMG do you have a physical ARC?

Brenda Thanks Bianca - you'll love it!

Thanks Sandi - hope you can squeeze it in soon :)

You'll love it Cathrine!

Yes Ashley, I certainly do - and it's perfect to add to my collection :)

Carolyn Excellent review Brenda! Looking forward to this one :)

Brenda Thanks Carolyn :) You'll love it!

Joanne So wanna read this glad you liked it. 👍👍👍

Brenda Haha 😆 oh yes I did! Thanks 😊

Kylie D Great review Brenda, I have this one coming up :)

Brenda Thanks Kylie 😊 Happy reading!

message 12: by Fran (new)

Fran Excellent review, Brenda!

Brenda Thank you Fran :)

Susanne Strong Awesome review Brenda! Can’t wait for this one! Even more excited now that I’ve seen your review. :)

message 15: by Mary (new) - added it

Mary Fantastic review!

message 16: by Holly (new) - added it

Holly  B Super review Brenda!

Brenda Thanks girls! Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did!

marlin1 I agree Brenda, I think it’s her best and I enjoyed her first two as well.

Brenda And you can't give more than 5 stars! lol I've given all three 5 stars :) She has a huge writing future IMO!

Dorie  - Traveling Sister :) wow, I'm half way through and things are starting to heat up, glad you enjoyed it so much :)

Brenda Happy you're enjoying it too Dorie :)

Dorie  - Traveling Sister :) Brenda wrote: "Happy you're enjoying it too Dorie :)"

thank you Brenda, looking to finish it today. We have a snowstorm predicted and I''m staying in today :)

Brenda Sounds like a good idea to me ;)