Lainy's Reviews > The Girl in the Ice

Pages - 396

Publisher - Bookouture

Source - Tesco (I think)

Blurb from Goodreads

Her eyes are wide open. Her lips parted as if to speak. Her dead body frozen in the ice…She is not the only one.

When a young boy discovers the body of a woman beneath a thick sheet of ice in a South London park, Detective Erika Foster is called in to lead the murder investigation.

The victim, a beautiful young socialite, appeared to have the perfect life. Yet when Erika begins to dig deeper, she starts to connect the dots between the murder and the killings of three prostitutes, all found strangled, hands bound and dumped in water around London.

What dark secrets is the girl in the ice hiding?

As Erika inches closer to uncovering the truth, the killer is closing in on Erika.

The last investigation Erika led went badly wrong… resulting in the death of her husband. With her career hanging by a thread, Erika must now battle her own personal demons as well as a killer more deadly than any she’s faced before. But will she get to him before he strikes again?

My Review

A high profile missing person case, bodies piling up, detective Erika Foster is on the case after a horrendous personal and professional incident. When a body is found the pressure is on, from the media, from the very influential and political family Erika finds herself fighting all corners to process her case. The police have much work to do and just when you thought it couldn't get any harder could one of the officers have caught the eye of the killer?

This is my first dance with this author, it won't be my last. I am sure this was the debut novel although you would never know it. We know Erika has gone through a horrendous time and as the story progresses we get more information on what actually happened. Very police investigation heavy but done so it keeps the readers interest. Foster is a fantastic character, spunky, brave, challenging and true to the people, a straight laced cop, mostly, with drive and focus on the truth.

A cop dealing with her own challenges both professional and personal but so driven she will do what she needs to for her case. I can't believe I was so late to the party but the good news is there are more in the series now for me to catch up with. I will absolutely be reading more by this author, looking forward to seeing what is next for Foster, 4/5 for me this time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl in the Ice.

May 2, 2018 – Shelved