Ellyn → Allonsythornraxx's Reviews > Tash Hearts Tolstoy

29281984

liked it
bookshelves: lgbtqia

03/05/2018
I honestly don't know what to say. If you like ya contemporary then you might like this. If you are looking for Romantic Asexual rep (with a female character) then you should read this. The rep is good and from what I can tell, accurate. This book was mediocre but predictable. If I hadn't gotten so intense about how we deal with diversity with hype while I was reading this I probably would have enjoyed this more. I think that I really should have read this in one sitting because I ended up putting it off all day and then skimming the whole second half.

Discussion coming soon if you're curious about what my unintelligible rant was about lol.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tash Hearts Tolstoy.

May 2, 2018 – Started Reading
May 2, 2018 – Shelved
page 209
56.18% "I think I am finding this book more frustrating than anything else. There are almost too many characters for me to remember and too much hype for me to fully process this book.
This is a mediocre contemporary (in my opinion, it's all g if this is your favourite book) and I feel like the only reason this book gained any "fame", especially on Boktube was because the main character is a romantic asexual."
page 209
56.18% "While we definitely do need more rep (for all identities), I don't think this book is super worthy of the hype. Don't get me wrong, I love the little things, like how the food is discussed and described, but maybe that's just because I'm a foodie?? ... [tbc 2/?]"
page 209
56.18% "But, there are too many characters and too many variables that make this book seem completely unrealistic (40 something thousand subs in a few hours for a web series based On Anna K??? Oh, please). ...tbc [3/?]"
May 3, 2018 – Shelved as: lgbtqia