Sarah's Reviews > The Wrong Man

The Wrong Man by Kate White

bookshelves: read-in-2018, netgalley-books

This book was received from the publisher in return for an honest review

Kit Finn is an interior designer living in New York, recently out of a long term relationship she realised she had stayed in for convenience rather than love she’s determined to rediscover the girl she used to be – carefree and determined to live without regrets.

A trip down to the Florida Keys is her opportunity to kick-start this new philosophy – so when she meets Matt and he invites her to dinner she decides why not… When Kit later discovers the man she had dinner with is not actually Matt Healy she soon realises her simple one night with no strings has landed her in the middle of a life threatening situation.

The Wrong Man follows Kit as she attempts to understand the situation she finds herself in, and work out who she can and cannot trust. I found the plot to be well paced, with frequent enough developments to keep me intrigued and turning the pages without feeling as though too much was happening. I was definitely desperate to get to the end and see if my predictions were correct, and more importantly to discover which side of the divide the character’s I personally felt I’d invested in fell!

A slightly more personal preference but I also really liked all the mentions of Kit’s interior design business. They’re slightly throwaway scenes that build a bit of a picture as to who Kit is but I really enjoyed the little mentions of different styles, accessories and fabrics. Call it a throw back to my days of considering myself a bit of an interior designer while playing The Sims!

I don’t want to speak too much about the characters for fear of giving anything away, the number of characters builds as the story moves forward but I didn’t have any major issues remembering who was who or what they had done. I feel I need to give a special mention to Baby, Kit’s business partner – I think everyone could do with a Baby in their life!

Would I Recommend?
I absolutely flew through The Wrong Man – it’s not the darkest suspense thriller you’ll ever read but I thoroughly enjoyed the story, trying to figure out what was happening and trying to stay one step ahead of the plot and work out who was who and if I could trust them!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wrong Man.

April 30, 2018 – Started Reading