Norma's Reviews > Brett Enters the Square Circle

Brett Enters the Square Circle by David D. D'Aguanno

F 50x66

bookshelves: 2018, audio, detective, humour, favourite, i, reviewed

( Format : Audiobook )
"A few rotten tomatoes in every bushel of cucumbers."
Life is catching up with Brett. His secretary has left him, although the relationship with ever faithful Ginger continues to be on-off, his glorious beauty has been slightly disfigured by the missing ear and even his title as most Unscrupulous Bastard is being challenged by Big Bull. He even finds himself actively involved in working in his Private Eye occupation, looking for a missing girl at the same time as he tries to prepare for a boxing match with bully cop, Gil Bailey - and, worst of all, someone is actually sorry for him.

The wonderful Travis Henry Carter is back, taking on the persona of Brett as he flawlessly reads the text with all of the charismatic charm and wrongly expressed quotations of our hero. Just listening to him read gives a tingle of delight. And all of the other protagonists have their very distinctive voices, too, from sexy Melany Foster to Sergeant Joe Raff, police officer and boxing coach. A superb performance, as always.

This is the fifth book in the gloriously funny series about the self opinionated, insufferably egotistical private eye, Brett Cornell, self styled unscrupulous bastard, girl magnet and nobody's friend. Not someone to ever hope to meet in real life but between the covers of a book, superb. Both dialogue and action are hilarious, as always. But this book takes a darker turn and a new Brett tentatively begins to peep out, if you know what I mean, Jelly Bean.

My thanks to the rights holder of Brett Enters the Square Circle, who, at my request, freely gifted me a complimentary copy, via Audiobook Boom. It's funny, it's naughty and absolutely unmissable.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Brett Enters the Square Circle.

April 22, 2018 – Started Reading