Heather's Reviews > Dancing on Coals

Dancing on Coals by Ellen O'Connell

5 stars, LOVED it! My only complaint was that it is NOT a completely clean read. And the fact that I loved it SO much that I had to BUY it in print after reading it in PDF so that I could white-out the few "eww" parts, just shows how much I loved this book! I was rivoted reading this! I couldn't stop! This takes place as the last of the Native Americans are trying to maintain their independence while the Americans and Mexicans are trying to scout out and round up the renegades who are not on a reservation yet. I loved that the hero(who's Native American) is angry and "tortured" and actually HATES the heroin(who's white) through a good portion of the story. I loved his relationship with his brother and that he respects and loves his brother enough to keep his promise to him not to kill her. This is not a story where they meet and fall in love super fast. I loved the hero's "dog signals" to get the heroin to do as he needed her to do, as he refused to speak in English to communicate with her. The hero was SUPER-FINE!, and I'm pretty sure I want my very own Native American now!!=D While reading this I had to go find an actor that could represent him and I found the perfect one, Eddie Spears!! Here's a video of him with perfect music that sets the mood for the book...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8XyII...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dancing on Coals.

November 20, 2011 – Shelved
January 10, 2012 – Shelved as: to-read-again
February 27, 2012 – Shelved as: really-enjoyed
March 15, 2012 – Shelved as: swoon-worthy-heroes
September 6, 2012 – Shelved as: questionable-content

message 1: by Bluerose's (new)

Bluerose's  Heart I'm disappointed! I was really looking forward to your review of this one, since it had a Native American hero. I wish it had been clean, too!!

Heather Bluerose's wrote: "I'm disappointed! I was really looking forward to your review of this one, since it had a Native American hero. I wish it had been clean, too!!"

I know! It is SO hard to find a well-written Native American romance, so to finally find one and then have it not be clean was so disappointing! With just a few adjustments it could have been clean!

message 3: by Cindy (new) - added it

Cindy I want one too,lol:P This sounds supper good, I will have to check it out. Great review!

message 4: by Melissa (new) - added it

Melissa Have you guys read JayHawk by Dorothy Keddington or Running Barefoot by Amy Harmon? BOth good Native American leading men.

Heather I own JayHawk but haven't read it yet. I just added Running Barefoot to my list! Thanks!