S.T. Young's Reviews > Undercover With the Nanny

Undercover With the Nanny by Cathy Skendrovich

A lovely read.

Having gotten the chance to read Skendrovich’s latest novel, I couldn’t resist a review, naturally. The plot: A young woman struggling to keep herself afloat financially after the death of her parents left her in debt, falls for her handsome neighbor who turns out to be an undercover DEA agent out to catch her part-time employer. A nice concept, overall. Very straightforward. Nothing too complicated (but enough) to keep track of, and excellent reading when the aim is to relax with romance. Very enjoyable.

The characters: Both hero and heroine were likeable. Kate was lovely. Though I generally like my heroines a little tougher, her sweetness was palpable throughout, and made the hero falling for her totally understandable. Sawyer was a driven agent and falls like a brick for Kate, surprising himself constantly with corny “romance” talk that startles them both, and made me smile. Excellent.

The Villain: To me he wasn’t a big surprise, but enough of one to keep it interesting. He was properly villainous in the end, and added to the overall suspense of the story.

End conclusion: Definitely a perfect summer read romance, with a hint of action to keep things interesting. My only criticism would be that it was a little on the short side. I would have liked to delve a little deeper into these characters. Regardless, I will recommend it to anyone looking for a fun, relaxing read that is sweet and sexy at the same time.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Undercover With the Nanny.

April 30, 2018 – Started Reading