John's Reviews > Three Weeks Dead

Three Weeks Dead by Rebecca  Bradley

liked it

Software genius Jason Wells recently lost his beloved wife Lisa to a car accident. Now he's contacted by criminals who've removed her body from its grave and promise to feed it, piece by piece, to dogs unless he steals from his employers a copy of a new code designed to thwart ATM thieves. As far as Jason sees it, he has no choice.

DC Sally Poynter, a newbie in the department headed by Bradley's series hero DI Hannah Robbins, is tasked with, among other things, being the cops' primary liaison with Jason. Can she persuade him not to hand the code over to the bad guys? Failing that, can the team nab said bad guys before they've had a chance to do anything with the stolen code?

The narrative flows pleasingly except in a few places where non sequiturs and unparsable sentences suggested to me that the text could have done with a final read-through after the completion of editing. I'd say this represented a peril of self-publishing except that, more and more, I find examples in professionally published books as well.

Despite those glitches, and despite a few plot implausibilities that it's best not to dwell on while reading (they only really began to hit me after I'd finished the book), this is a pretty solid police procedural, and bodes well for the rest of Bradley's series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Three Weeks Dead.

Started Reading