Baba 's Reviews > Expendable

Expendable by Maggie Jaimeson

Nov 20, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: military-and-former-mil-cia-navy

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Expendable.

November 20, 2011 – Started Reading
November 20, 2011 – Shelved
November 20, 2011 –
1.0% "Oh, God. No. Please God. Not again. He closed his eys and let out a breath. He wasn't in Afghanistan. He was home. Mt. hood. His own backyard. The adrenaline still pumping through him, he took a shaky deep breath and let it out slowly.\n Reed suffers from PTSD and had a flashback...The beginning is interesting."
November 20, 2011 –
8.0% "A very engrossing start! Aw, I don't intend being mean but I love, love a tortured hero, and Reed fits the bill. I am definitely hooked!"
November 21, 2011 –
22.0% ""Force Recon? What's that?"\n "Special Operations. We're the Marines answer to the SEALs, only better."\n Sheesh! I really like this book. A lot! The pace is good and I like this author's writing style. It's totally engaging. The interaction between Reed and the boy, David, is really remarkable!"
November 21, 2011 –
30.0% "I wanted to write 'when Reed has a flashback'! Sheesh, I'm sorry! I'm a bit tired..."
November 21, 2011 –
30.0% "The author has done her homework. It's amazing how real it feels when read has a flashback! Well done! I really like this story!"
November 21, 2011 –
48.0% "There was a rescue scene, and I have to say that I felt a bit squeamish. I think it was done realistically and once again I have to admit that I don't like to see or to read about blood and bones that stick out of someone's body. *shudders, but doesn't faint* Sheesh..."
November 22, 2011 –
70.0% "Who's expendable? And what about ethics? Interesting topic."
November 23, 2011 –
100.0% "A good read! Full review to come..."
November 23, 2011 – Shelved as: military-and-former-mil-cia-navy
November 23, 2011 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Jill (new)

Jill Sounds wonderful Baba and a great review.

message 2: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Great review Baba! It's on the mountain.

Baba  Jill wrote: "Sounds wonderful Baba and a great review."

Thanks, Jill! It's an interesting story although I had a few issues. But overall it's worth reading.
I think I got lucky again...the book I'm reading right now sounds really promising as well. The title is boring though. :))

Baba  Wendy wrote: "Great review Baba! It's on the mountain."

Thanks, Wendy! Sheesh, that darn button! LOL

message 5: by Jill (new)

Jill Baba where did you find this btw?

Baba  I think it's Carina Press? Ehm, I think I was looking for books here at Goodreads and came across a list about books published by Carina Press. Pure coincidence. LOL

message 7: by Jill (new)

Jill Baba wrote: "I think it's Carina Press? Ehm, I think I was looking for books here at Goodreads and came across a list about books published by Carina Press. Pure coincidence. LOL"

Okay, thanks.

Baba  Jill wrote: "Baba wrote: "I think it's Carina Press? Ehm, I think I was looking for books here at Goodreads and came across a list about books published by Carina Press. Pure coincidence. LOL"

Okay, thanks."

Sorry, Jill. It's the Wild Rose Press...