Janina's Reviews > The Life and Times of Gracie Faltrain

The Life and Times of Gracie Faltrain by Cath Crowley

Nov 20, 2011

bookshelves: athletes, young-adult-fiction, contemporary, friends-falling-in-love

Read in one night. Gracie is a heroine hard to love at the beginning, but she definitely grows and matures throughout the book. This is not only her story, but also her parents', her friends' and sometimes her enemies' ... Cath Crowley shows her talent with words in her debut - maybe not as colourfully as in Graffiti Moon - and there were lots of quotes I wanted to write down and remember. As I didn't have a pen on me, I'll now try to hunt them down here. I can't deny I expected a bit more from this book (it's Cath Crowley after all), but I was charmed nonetheless. Recommended for Dairy Queen fans: this was the book I'd expected Playing Hurt and Catching Jordan to be. I look forward to reading the next two books in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Life and Times of Gracie Faltrain.

November 20, 2011 – Shelved
November 20, 2011 – Shelved as: athletes
November 20, 2011 – Shelved as: young-adult-fiction
November 20, 2011 – Shelved as: contemporary
June 30, 2012 – Started Reading
July 1, 2012 – Finished Reading
September 7, 2012 – Shelved as: friends-falling-in-love

Maggie I just saw your blog post about getting this book and you're already done! Can't wait to see what you think of the other two books. :)

Janina I speed-read for once! Also, the book is rather short.