Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader's Reviews > You Were Made for This

You Were Made for This by Michelle Sacks

bookshelves: 2018-reads, arcs, kindle-version, 2018-summer-reads
Recommended to Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader by: j e w e l s

4 โ€œlife is not always a bowl of cherriesโ€ stars to You Were Made for This! ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’

This was a book I had to read based on reviews from my friends, including Jewels, Kendall, and Michelle. And of course they were right- this one was good!

Merry, Sam, and baby Conor are living in the idyllic countryside of Sweden after a leap of faith move from NYC. This is a shiny, new life for them, and itโ€™s almost too good to be true. Merry is fulfilled taking care of the household, while Sam has started filmmaking.

Frank is Merryโ€™s childhood best friend; they are as close as sisters. She visits Merry in Sweden and instantly adds to the family becoming quite domestic at once. And it is Frank who recognizes that things are not as perfect as they appear. Frank also has her own share of deceit.

There was a lot to love about You Were Made for This! The chapters were quick, and I heard from Mary, Frank, and Sam. Multiple points of view hold my interest, especially in suspenseful novels. None of the characters are likable once the truth comes to light, and it.does.not.matter. Because once the layers started peeling away, I was on board entirely with this shocking, sick, perfectly-paced, original, extra dark thriller. There was no turning away even as my stomach flip-flopped. It was hard to believe this was a debut!

ETA Triggers: hunting scene and elements of abuse.

Thank you to Michelle Sacks, Little, Brown and Company, and Netgalley for the copy. We Were Made for This will be published on June 19, 2018.

My reviews can also be found on my blog: www.jennifertarheelreader.com
113 likes ·  โˆ™ flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Were Made for This.

April 29, 2018 – Shelved
June 10, 2018 – Shelved as: arcs
June 10, 2018 – Shelved as: kindle-version
June 18, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018-summer-reads
June 18, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)

Kendall Ya!!!! Canโ€™t wait for your full review! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ

Holly  B Sounds great Jennifer!

Babydimps (Suzy) Iโ€™ve started this one - I hope I like it as much as you did Jennifer! Great review!

Diane S โ˜” Terrific, Jennifer.

message 5: by Mackey (new)

Mackey Terrific review Jennifer!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Kendall wrote: "Ya!!!! Canโ€™t wait for your full review! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ"

I have it posted now, Kendall! Loved this book! โ™ฅ๏ธ

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Ana wrote: "Glad you enjoyed it ;)"

Thanks, Ana! ๐Ÿ’•

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Holly wrote: "Sounds great Jennifer!"

I think youโ€™d enjoy this, Holly!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Babydimps (Suzy) wrote: "Iโ€™ve started this one - I hope I like it as much as you did Jennifer! Great review!"

Thanks, Suzy! I hope you do too!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Diane S โ˜” wrote: "Terrific, Jennifer."

Thanks, Diane!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Mackey wrote: "Terrific review Jennifer!"

Thank you, Mackey!

message 12: by KAS (new)

KAS Lovely review, Jennifer! So glad the reviews of your friends led you to this book you really enjoyed ;) ๐Ÿ’•

Nazanin Fab review, Jennifer! Sounds really good! ๐Ÿ’›

message 14: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Awesome review Jennifer! Stacking! ๐Ÿ’•

message 15: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Wonderful review Jennifer ๐Ÿ˜„

message 16: by Kara (new) - added it

Kara Hansen Fantastic review! Gotta love a book that holds your suspense throughout. Iโ€™m adding this one.

message 17: by sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

sue What a terrific review!

message 18: by Angela M (new)

Angela M Canโ€™t read those stomach flip flopping thrillers, but glad you loved it !

message 19: by Julie (new) - added it

Julie Fantastic review, Jennifer!! ๐Ÿ˜Š

message 20: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Wonderful review, Jennifer! I appreciate the trigger warnings

message 21: by Cheri (new)

Cheri Even though I suspect this one is not for me, I loved your review, Jennifer, and that you loved it!

message 22: by Fran (new)

Fran Excellent review, Jennifer!

Norma * Traveling Sister Great review, Jennifer!

message 24: by Deanna (new) - added it

Deanna Awesome review!!

message 25: by Jen (new)

Jen Nice review, Jennifer!

Susanne  Strong Great review Jennifer! I have this one coming up soon and I can't wait!

message 27: by DeAnn (new)

DeAnn Jennifer, your reviews are so great, you put new books on my radar all the time! This one sounds intriguing.

message 28: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Thanks for the trigger warnings and the cherries phrase...never heard it. At first I thought it was an 'almost' Forrest Gump reference.

Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister Another great review, sweet Jen! Glad you enjoyed it so much ๐Ÿ˜Šโค๏ธ

message 30: by JanB (new)

JanB Terrific review Jennifer! I've seen that phrase often and it's so true isn't it? lol

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader KAS wrote: "Lovely review, Jennifer! So glad the reviews of your friends led you to this book you really enjoyed ;) ๐Ÿ’•"

Thank you, KAS! Arenโ€™t recommendations the best?! ๐Ÿ’—

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Nazanin wrote: "Fab review, Jennifer! Sounds really good! ๐Ÿ’›"

Thanks so much, Nazanin! ๐Ÿ’œ

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Tammy wrote: "Awesome review Jennifer! Stacking! ๐Ÿ’•"

Thank you, Tammy! โ™ฅ๏ธ I hope you enjoy it too!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Maureen wrote: "Wonderful review Jennifer ๐Ÿ˜„"

Thank you, Maureen! Xo

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Kara wrote: "Fantastic review! Gotta love a book that holds your suspense throughout. Iโ€™m adding this one."

Thanks, Kara! Isnโ€™t that the best?! I hope you love it too!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader sue wrote: "What a terrific review!"

Thanks, Sue!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Angela M wrote: "Canโ€™t read those stomach flip flopping thrillers, but glad you loved it !"

Thanks, Angela! Yes, definitely not a read you would enjoy- way too much tension.

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Julie wrote: "Fantastic review, Jennifer!! ๐Ÿ˜Š"

Thanks, Julie!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Meredith wrote: "Wonderful review, Jennifer! I appreciate the trigger warnings"

Thanks, Meredith! Youโ€™re welcome! I had to skip over the hunting scene and Iโ€™m not sure that it added anything.

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Cheri wrote: "Even though I suspect this one is not for me, I loved your review, Jennifer, and that you loved it!"

Thanks, Cheri! Yes, definitely not your type of read.

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Fran wrote: "Excellent review, Jennifer!"

Thank you, Fran!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Norma * Traveling Sister wrote: "Great review, Jennifer!"

Deanna wrote: "Awesome review!!"

Jen wrote: "Nice review, Jennifer!"

Thanks, Norma, Deanna, and Jen!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Susanne wrote: "Great review Jennifer! I have this one coming up soon and I can't wait!"

Thanks, Suze! Oh, Iโ€™m so excited for you to read it too!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader DeAnn wrote: "Jennifer, your reviews are so great, you put new books on my radar all the time! This one sounds intriguing."

Thanks, DeAnn! This one was perfect if you are looking for a new thriller! Iโ€™m grateful for the recs Iโ€™ve gotten from you as well.

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Victoria wrote: "Thanks for the trigger warnings and the cherries phrase...never heard it. At first I thought it was an 'almost' Forrest Gump reference."

Thanks, Victoria! I could almost hear Forrest Gump saying it! Just an old idiom that was kind of fun. I took a pick of a bowl full of yummy cherries for the blog! ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ’•

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister wrote: "Another great review, sweet Jen! Glad you enjoyed it so much ๐Ÿ˜Šโค๏ธ"

Thanks so much, Kris! โ™ฅ๏ธ

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader JanB wrote: "Terrific review Jennifer! I've seen that phrase often and it's so true isn't it? lol"

Thanks, Jan, and yes, yes it is! ๐Ÿ˜‚

message 48: by Elyse (new) - added it

Elyse Walters Cherry season too ... but not for these characters- huh? Lol. Great review- sounds good ... except for your poor tummy flip flopping. Hahaha. ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Thank you, Elyse! Yes, definitely not cherry season for these characters! ๐Ÿ’— xo

j e w e l s AAAAAhhh, so happy you liked this, Jenni!!

ยซ previous 1