Sue "DavinciKittie" Brown-Moore's Reviews > Fallen Ink

Fallen Ink by Carrie Ann Ryan

bookshelves: tattoos, contemporary-romance

The chemistry between Adrienne and Mace is explosive. Theirs is the kind of close friendship where one person is almost always secretly pining after the other, and Mace is head over heels for his bestie. I really liked him as the hero—he’s sensitive and strong, deliberate yet passionate, dominating but respectful. I enjoyed being in Adrienne’s head too; she has admirable spirit and serious moxie.

Someone is trying to run their new tattoo shop out of town, and the tension from that ramps up throughout the story. Ultimately, though, I felt the antagonist was a little forced. His motivation was thin, and the depth and maliciousness of his attacks seemed unlikely.

This story features a lot of characters that are probably from previous books, and I had some trouble at first keeping up with them all. Fans of the first Montgomery Ink series will probably recognize the names and be delighted to see them again, but readers new to the series may be a little overwhelmed.

Fallen Ink is a fast-paced friends-to-lovers romance with heat and heart. And a whole lot of sexy ink. As a first-timer meeting the Montgomerys and Knights, I really enjoyed the close family dynamics and am looking forward to seeing what comes next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fallen Ink.