Mark Tilbury's Reviews > Killer on the Run

Killer on the Run by M.A. Comley

bookshelves: crime, highly-recommended, mystery, stand-out-indie-author, suspense, thriller

After enjoying the first book in this trilogy (The Hidden Children) I was pleased to be able to continue with this book and see what Kayli's new case would bring. Alongside the ongoing police investigation, the story also features Kayli's family and love life. Not all crime fiction mix the personal and professional well, but it is done very well here, with Kayli's personal life being an important factor in her decision making and ability to focus (or not at times) on her work.

I thought I knew who the criminal was from quite early on and was enjoying watching the investigation unfold and the case team trying to find new leads. Then, I was surprised at the turn of events and proved wrong! What a twisted mind and warped logic the killer has. As much as I like Kayli, the same can't be said for her boyfriend Mark. I hope that at some point he will show some redeeming features, but I wasn't feeling very much sympathy for him by the time I'd finished reading.

Another success for Mel and I'll be looking forward to reading the third instalment. Recommended to anyone who likes crime fiction with depth.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Killer on the Run.

April 25, 2018 – Started Reading