Sammy Goode's Reviews > Love Is In The Title

Love Is In The Title by R.J. Scott

Nov 19, 2011

This sweet little sip of a story was a magical snapshot of young love at its best. Love Is In The Title, features Luke (science nerd) who longs to be with Cameron (football quarterback) but always from afar...secretly sending him messages of support and love through his song requests on a local radio show each friday night. One night Cam reveals that he too has been watching Luke...from afar.

Yes, it was a simple story. Yes it was undeniably so sweet that it could make your teeth ache. No sex, one kiss, endless fanciful dreaming with a smidge of real life caution thrown in--this was not an epic read...nor do I think RJ Scott meant for it to be---no. I believe that with this oh so short glimpse at a coming of age tale, the author was saying to us readers, "wouldn't it be wonderful if this is how young love always played out...wouldn't it be wonderful if the good guys always won? Well, yes Ms. Scott it would.

So, sit back and enjoy a sweet little interlude...and think on this...sometimes dreams do come true. And sometimes enjoyable reads come in small packages.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Is In The Title.