Brittany S.'s Reviews > Fated

Fated by Benedict Jacka

bookshelves: audiobook, adult, fantasy, read-in-one-day, series-binge, urban-fantasy

Initial Impressions 4/26/18: I picked up this series based off of good ratings from a friend, the synopsis, and the fact that Hoopla has at least seven of the books available on audio! I love a good series binge and an eight-book series is great to start at the end of the month so I can use up all of my Hoopla credits ASAP and have them renew once the first hits HA.

So I've really been digging the urban fantasy sort of feel lately -- not really the paranormal/werewolves/vampires sort of thing but more so the magical world that exists within the regular world. Having binged The Magicians as a series and a TV show, I was itching for more hidden magic worlds/magic in plain sight.

This was a really nice, solid start to the series. I wasn't totally wowed (full confession: I listened while I was working so my attention was not 100% on the book) but I really liked the potential for the rest of the series and I can see it being something I'm going to stick with! I really enjoyed the characters a lot and I'm looking forward to new adventures. The plot in this book wasn't quiiite what I was looking for/expecting but I'm really interested to see where the rest of the series goes from here!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fated.

April 26, 2018 – Started Reading