Ingo's Reviews > The Fifth to Die

The Fifth to Die by J.D. Barker

8842081

bookshelves: preordered

Had pre-ordered this for Kindle and checked the price, as Amazon had previously cancelled an ebook where price had risen, and saw 2 things: the price had risen, and while the publication date was July 10th, 2018 (today being July 3d), it was already available as an EPub elsewhere in Germany for a good, low price, so I cancelled my Amazon order and snatched this up to read it soon. Having both a Tolino epos and (two) Kindle Voyage, I am even without tricks from the Apprentice able to buy and read ebooks from most retailers.
Currently reading A Big Ship at the Edge of the Universe (link inserted later), after I finish that, I might start this immediately - started evening July 4th, 2018 happy holiday to the US.

Just finished it, during lunch and after that.
Enough twists I did not see coming, to build a spiral staircase in an old library ... (later changed from circular).
Saw my few words about the first book, and realize I was even than too lazy to write much.
This book is near current regarding the tech, the description with the router and Mac-Addresses is spot on (although I still think, a MAC-Address can be faked, but I am not sure how easy).

While the diary bored me sometimes, it is essential in understanding the story.
Otherwise this is a page-turner, but with changing POV (chapter wise and clearly marked).
No love, romance, nor sex.
Bloody. Cruel torture, at times shocking, but not too much, and keeping it way below SAW-levels.
On par for the good serial-killer-book, not unexpected.

Highly recommended page-turner, also I think it might help to read the first book (again), although some things are repeated. Next book will be pre-ordered as soon as possible!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fifth to Die.

April 26, 2018 – Shelved