Madeleine's Reviews > The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo

The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid

20603646

bookshelves: 2018-reads, library-loan, absolute-favorites

Why is it so impossible to write reviews for 5 star books? Is it because I just don't even know where to begin? Or because I feel no matter what I write, how I feel about this book won't come across accurately?

I LOVED this book. I read it in a 24-hour span. I got somewhat spoiled on a major plot point just from looking it up on Goodreads -- avoid the questions section! But it overall didn't impact my enjoyment of it.

Evelyn Hugo is such a dynamic woman, I kept forgetting she was fake. I was so intrigued by her story. It felt like I was reading a celebrity autobiography, full of all the gritty details behind what was written in the tabloids.

Her relationship with Harry made me cry. I finished the book wanting to be more like Evelyn. My emotions seriously were all over the place with this book, and I loved it. I recommend this to almost all of my friends who reaches out for book recommendations. Taylor Jenkins Reid is a must-read author for me now, and I can't wait for her next book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo.

April 25, 2018 – Shelved