Lisa (Badass Bookie)'s Reviews > Equinox

Equinox by Lara Morgan

Nov 19, 2011

Read in November, 2011

The Short Story? - Another heart pounding adventure! This is a brilliant sequel filled with action, saving the world and a great romance! Morgan has written a YA for everyone to enjoy! Dystopian like nothing you have ever read before! Beautifully written, fantastic character development and an adventure that just keeps getting better!

The Long Story? - I enjoyed this novel so much more than the first novel, Genesis. Two main reasons - a) The novel is shorter b) the romance definitely picked up! I have a feeling this is going to be one of those series that is just going to get better and better. Following the dystopian trend, social inequality and saving the world are huge elements of the novel. Fast-paced, great pace and filled with cat and mouse chases, if you like your novels jam-packed with no boring moments, this is the novel for you! I loved, loved, LOVED this novel! Beautifully written, a very well organised plot and very good setting, Morgan has written a structured YA novel that will definitely by a winner!

I am most thankful that the romance picked up! As a romance junkie I NEED my daily fix! A great love story, I'm smelling out a love triangle but I could be wrong. In any case, it would definitely make the novel even better! I've chosen my team and I'm sticking to THE man! That said, without the characters, the romance wouldn't be haven't been so good! Quite a lot of character development in this novel, I'm growing to really understand and like Rosie. She's not perfect and she makes silly mistakes but she's a teen and she's saving the world - cut her some slack! Pip is definitely one stunner of a badass! I'm still not really sure what he looks like but I love his sense of humour and his wit! Dalton, the new guy on the block as stolen my heart. He's nice, he's smexy and I'm totally Team Dalton! Great characterisation!

Authentically Australian and authentically YA, Morgan has written a destined bestseller! Follow Rosie on her adventures! Saving the world, evil geniuses, deliciously dystopian and an epic love story! Beautifully written, I can't wait to read the next book in the series after that KILLER ending! Do yourself a favour and pick up this fantastic YA novel!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Equinox.

03/28 marked as: read