Andi (Andi's ABCs)'s Reviews > Virtually Yours

Virtually Yours by Sarvenaz Tash

bookshelves: from-publisher, own, netgalley, kindle-archive, would-recommend, amazon-review

This review was originally posted on Andi's ABCs

I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. Way back in 2015 I came across a book called Three Day Summer and I was instantly hooked on how Sarvenaz Tash tells a story and the characters she creates. I knew immediately after finishing it I was going to eagerly anticipate all her releases and I wasn’t wrong. I have been waiting for something new since 2016 when A Geek’s Guide to Unrequited Love (an all-time favorite) and when I heard about Virtually Yours I was beyond thrilled. It had been so long and the anticipation was killing me. I am happy to say that it lived up to every expectation I had and was 100% worth the wait.

Virtually Yours is about Mariam, a freshman at NYU who had her heart demolished when her boyfriend of 3 years broke up with her. Not wanting to be stuck in her room she decides to try a virtual reality dating site. Mariam is given 3 matches to pick from and to her surprise one is her ex-boyfriend, Caleb. Deciding to throw caution to the wind, she selects him in starts dating him in secret and things start to go well. Then enter Jeremy, a guy at work she immediately hits it off with. The two of them are on the fast track to being best friends. There is just one catch, he was also one of her 3 matches. Now Mariam must decide between what her head thinks she wants and what her heart actually needs.

At first glance, this book sounds like a love triangle. It is not. It is really the story of Mariam and her figuring out what she wants out of life and out of love which is what being 18 should be about. She is a freshman in college and she doesn’t have all the answers. She doesn’t have any of the answers so she does things that she thinks are right but might not be right for her. That’s what I loved about this story. By re-dating Caleb she found out she was a different person than she thought she was and found out what she truly wanted and what would make her happy.

I can’t explain enough how much I love this author and the stories she tells. Tash seems to have a great grasp on the teenage/YA emotion and I can’t get enough of her stories. I’ve been a fan since 2015 and Virtually loves just cemented that love. If this one isn’t one your TBR it should be.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Virtually Yours.

April 25, 2018 – Shelved
page 1
0.27% "Let’s do this!"
May 13, 2019 –
page 46
12.5% "I love the set-up so much so far!"
May 13, 2019 –
page 69
18.75% "So hooked!"
May 14, 2019 –
page 85
May 15, 2019 –
page 136
36.96% "Jeremy is adorable!"
May 16, 2019 –
page 162
44.02% "I’ll take a Jeremy aged up to around 37-44. Please and thank you."
May 17, 2019 –
page 212
May 20, 2019 –
page 244
66.3% "Sad it’s almost over."
May 21, 2019 –