Bobo's Book Bank's Reviews > A Charm of Finches

A Charm of Finches by Suanne Laqueur

A CHARM OF FINCHES is book two in the Venery series and my first read from author Suanne Laqueur. Although some of the characters from book one made an appearance, I had no problems jumping right into book two (though I have the need to go back and read book one!).

Javier Landes is an ex-escort and an author. He's really looking for a change, a chance at love, a life partner. But he wasn't prepared for Steffen Finch. Stef is an art therapist who wasn't actually looking for anyone. When they meet, it seems like kismet, fate...a chance for both of them to love and be loved. Geronimo "Geno" Caan is a young survivor and a patient of Stef's. Jav, Stef and Geno make an odd sort of triad (no, this is NOT a love triangle!).

So, I'll be brutally honest. It took me awhile to finish this book and not because it was terrible or the writing sucked. NO...QUITE THE CONTRARY! The author wrote words that were SO compelling, SO intense, SO exquisite that my heart broke with every savage, stark revelation. I had to put it down and step away from it several times and let me tell you, I've very rarely come across a book that has that kind of emotional affect on me and I've read A LOT of books! Seriously, if you open the book to any single page, you'll find passages that are eloquently and beautifully written. Ms. Laqueur simply had the ability to draw me completely into a world of darkness, pain and suffering and then drag me right through all of that until I found the light, peace and serene happiness. (I know that sounds cheesy but so what? Totally true!!)

Besides the wonderful writing (that I've already harped about) the characters are just AWESOME, unique and interesting. Even the secondary characters add an exciting extra layer to the book! SIGH...I had a huge book hangover from this one. Ginormous "THANK YOU" to Suanne Laqueur for gifting me a copy of this book...squeee! (Which I won in a contest and in no way influenced this review!) Told from multiple POVs with a sweet and happy ending.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Charm of Finches.

March 20, 2018 – Started Reading