T.R. Graves's Reviews > Destined

Destined by P.C. Cast

I just finished reading (okay...listening to) Destined (House of Night #9) by P.C. Cast, Kristin Cast. It reminded me of the time in my life when I was naïve enough to think good always prevails…love was all it took…and anything was possible.

House of Night follows a heroine, Zoey Redbird, and her ‘circle' of friends who have the power, motive, and desire to make a world-changing difference. In addition to the beautiful writing and the endearing characters, this series is written by a mother/daughter team. That detail is the reason I read the first book, Marked (House of Night #1).

Like most YA Fantasies, House of Night's heroine saves the world while finding and falling in love. Keeping House of Night interesting, Zoey Redbird is constantly being torn between lots of SUPER HOT Vampyres, Trackers, Consorts, Guardians, and Immortals.

As with any great book, family and friends are great supporting characters in Destined. I can honestly say I shed more than a few tears while Grandma Redbird mourned for her daughter, Zoey’s mother. The death was treated like it was an important part of the story without making the book or its characters depressing.

The final aspect of Destined (and most other YA Fantasies) is the battle between good and evil. As with the rest of the books in the series, the battles are minor and ongoing. I can honestly say that I’m living to find out the outcome of this particular war!

If you read one or all of the nine of the House of Night books, you will not be disappointed.

T.R. Graves
Warriors of the Cross
Guardians of the Cross
Enemies of the Cross
Left
Grave Bound
Underground

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Destined.

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Amanda I'm thinking the audiobooks (which are what I'm reading) do a better job with the book than reading it would. I'd probably have set it down entirely the moment I saw "vampyre" appear, but I really am enjoying listening to it. :)