Fafa's Book Corner's Reviews > Crazy Rich Asians

Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan

Mini review:

GR Ultimate Summer Reading Challenge: Read the World

Trigger warning: Mention of kidnapping and abuse.

I didn't know much about this book save it becoming a movie. When I saw the trailer I was hooked! I listened to the audiobook sample it sealed the deal! I am happy to say that I enjoyed this!

Rachel and Nick have been dating for two years. Nick asks Rachel to come with him to Singapore for his best friend's wedding. Rachel agrees. Little does she know that Nick is one apart of the one of the richest families in Singapore and what exactly this trip entails for her.

I had such a blast listening to this book! Crazy Rich Asian's is what you would expect shows like Gossip Girl to be. The difference here is that Crazy Rich Asian's is much better. The culture was so much fun to read about! I enjoyed the site seeing and the mention of food.

I loved Rachel! She was so sweet and down to earth. While also being intelligent. Nick isn't you're stereotypical new adult/adult love interest. I found him to be genuine. And if he ever hurt Rachel it wasn't romanticized. Their relationship was fun to read about!

The antics that some of Nick's family members pull was hilarious! Yes it was utterly ridiculous the length's Nick's mother went to find out info about Rachel. Yet it was such a blast to read. There are multiple point of views. You don't just follow Rachel and Nick. Which I felt added to the experience.

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed Crazy Rich Asian's! I will definitely be continuing the series. I highly recommend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crazy Rich Asians.

April 23, 2018 – Shelved