blub's Reviews > How to Domesticate a Russian Bear

How to Domesticate a Russian Bear by C.B. Conwy

I did not read the other books in the series but it reads fine without doing so but it did make me curious to go back and see how Mischa and Tom's story began. I also think it might read a bit better since Mischa and Tom are an established couple in this story and spoilers are given about the previous books.

In this book Tom and Mischa relationship is being tested in a long distance relationship. Tom has moved away to Chicago to work on getting his PhD. He doesn't want Mischa to upturn his life just because of studies so Tom has opted to a two year long distance relationship. But things aren't going so well between visits and the strain starts to show in their relationship. Mischa wants one thing and Tom another.

I enjoyed reading this story. The BDSM didn't make me squirm and I thought Mischa and Tom were very likable and sweet together. There were moments when they made me laugh and seeing their relationship dynamic was an experience. I liked that their was a focus on aftercare and that the author also included how karate worked for Tom's recovery and the correlation with BDSM.

A free copy was provided to me in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Domesticate a Russian Bear.

Started Reading