Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)'s Reviews > Again, but Better

Again, but Better by Christine Riccio

16219087

it was ok
bookshelves: 2019-2-apr-may-jun

I loved the writing style, but I really just could not get past all the cheating and girl on girl hate. I'm bummed as heck :c

I won an ARC of this book through a giveaway hosted by the publisher.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Again, but Better.

April 22, 2018 – Shelved
April 22, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
December 20, 2018 – Shelved as: 2019-2-apr-may-jun
April 29, 2019 – Started Reading
April 29, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)

message 1: by d a n (new)

d a n The honesty is really appreciated and much better than just saying it's great because it comes from someone within the Booktube community.

message 2: by KristynRene (new) - added it

KristynRene The Hype Queen of Books I felt the same way so I truly appreciate the honesty 👏🏻👏🏻

message 3: by Parker (new) - added it

Parker (Paperback Parker) omg what????? i did not expect there to be girl-on-girl hate in this. yikes. 😬 thank you for your honest review!!

message 4: by Sal (new) - added it

Sal Becket Girl on girl hate? I thought we were past that petty stuff. ugh.

G. ♣godinezjlcsr6♣ Freeman Awesome review.

COMPLETELY_BOOKISH I don’t really see what you mean by girl on girl hate. Shane did not hate Amy...

Sara / forensicgrl I agree. I didn't see any girl hate either.

message 8: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ Um ...not sure where the cheating was and I totally agree that Amy would probably hate Shane in the first go round. Who girl wouldn't be jealous/upset about her relationship with Pies?

Kasia ^agreed. There wasn’t any girl hate. I’m not sure if this person read another book or something...

Katie Marie I didn't feel it was girl hate, just more mutual jealousy.
SPOILERS AHEAD

Stop Reading NOW

Also, Amy wasn't particularly likable anyway. She didn't have a right to go through Shane's personal things. If she felt that Pilot was untrustworthy, then the thing to do is end things with him. Also, Shane could have thrown Amy under the bus with that, but she didn't even tell Pilot that Amy specifically read her diary.

message 11: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara Duncan If someone reads your diary you have every right to hate them, especially after Amy told Shane her intentions of reading her diary. That’s not girl on girl hate that’s lack of respect on one end and warranted hate in the other. As for the way Amy felt, that was jealousy for the way Pilot acted around Shane.

Fer Bañuelos (myownlittlebookshelf) GUYS, an honest review can be also positive. a person who enjoyed the book can write an “honest opinion” aswell. just because you enjoyed a certain book and review it positive doesn’t mean you’re being dishonest. there’s books for freaking everyone

Samantha Zee I didn't see the girl on girl hate either, but I did not enjoy this book. Unless the girl on girl hate was me hating the main character Shane, because, then yes. Cringed the whole book.

SavvyG Where was there cheating and girl on girl hate?