Tamara's Reviews > Green This!: Greening Your Cleaning

Green This! by Deirdre Imus

Jun 04, 2008

liked it

This book has some good insights and recipes, but I have a list of recipes for home cleaning products I acquired from a community class that I really love. If anyone wants them, let me know and I'll email them out. They are so, so cheap to create and work really well--without all the gas masks and fumes. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Green This!.

message 1: by Karen (new)

Karen I'm always looking for more recipes for green cleaning. Please share! Thanks!
P.S. I have a great laundry soap recipe that's less than 2 cents a load if you want it.

message 2: by Gwendolyn (new)

Gwendolyn Okay, I want the recipes please! Thanks! Karen, do you have a high efficiency washing machine? If so, I would love to try the laundry soup too. Thanks!

Christina I would love your recipes! I am always looking for ways to cut back and remove chemicals

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen Christina - Below is the dry version that Tamara suggested. I was using the wet version but Tamara's saves me a ton of space and time.
1 cup borax
1 cup washing soda by Arm and Hammer (NOT baking soda)
1 bar Fels Naptha, other vegetable based glycerin soap bar or even Ivory bar soap.
Finely grate the soap with a cheese grater then add other ingredients and mix really well.
Store in closed container. Use 1-2 Tablespoons per load.
All the ingredients are found in the laundry aisle.