Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)'s Reviews > Rome's Chance

Rome's Chance by Joanna Wylde

16932050

"Rome would just have to go down in history as the one who got away twice."

I'm totally diggin' these 1001 Dark Nights books. If you have never read an author before, these short standalones are a perfect way to get a taste of their work. Or, if like me, you are already a fan of an author's work, you'll be doing a 'happy dance' when you see Joanna Wylde on the cover of one of these beauties. I fell hard for her Reapers MC series a long time ago and just seeing that name brings a smile to my face.

Please don't assume that when I say 'short' that you aren't getting a full story, because you are. I am still shaking my head in amazement that the author was able to give me so much story using so few words. I didn't feel like anything was missing as she took me from start to finish, checking all my boxes, while leaving me very satisfied and more addicted to the Reapers than I was before.

Since the author chose not to disclose the particulars in the synopsis, I'll keep the details to myself. But I can tell you even though she walked away from him, twice, it was never for lack of chemistry. They had plenty of that from their very first glance at each other. My brain might've decided he was a mistake, but my body wasn't quite there yet." Which would win, her brain or her body?

Let me tell you, the struggle was real. He wanted her and made no secret of it. How long could she hold out when she looked at him "like a delicious cupcake just waiting for me to lick off all the frosting..."? I confess, I was no help at all, I was mentally encouraging her to go for it and give Rome a chance. I wanted them to quit fighting it and allow their chemistry to combust. I have a backup Kindle, so I wasn't worried about my reading device melting. I was ready to embrace the heat while being a virtual voyeur. Yeah, Joanna Wylde never disappoints in that department. Actually, she's never disappointed me at all, being one of my auto-click authors. I'm looking forward to seeing her name on another cover soon. The line forms here...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rome's Chance.

Started Reading