GamerGirl12's Reviews > Itch: The Explosive Adventures of an Element Hunter

Itch by Simon Mayo

71931839

liked it

3.4 stars. A good sci-fi book with a lot of action.

Itch has caused explosions with his elements before. But when an accident involving blowing off his eyebrows happens his mum bans the elements from the house. But taking them to school will be alright, won't it? Wrong. Then a load of events lead up to some very dangerous rocks in Itch's hands. Itch must protect them with people coming for them and get them to a safe place.

I really enjoyed this book, partly because it taught me so much about the periodic table. The characters were friendly and genuinely nice. The book was well-written and action-packed (but maybe a bit too much for some people). Itch may have been a bit stupid, but he certainly had the right ideas when it came down to it.

The reasons I gave it less than I normally do was because no one seemed to know how to fight back. Itch just let himself get punched and beaten. And there were people WATCHING in the corridors, apparently not bothering to step in and help a fellow student. Has everyone just lost all sense? Then there was the ending. I actually stopped reading for a bit near the end because it just got so confusing and I lost track of what was even happening. I picked up some good books on my Kindle and read those for a bit then went back to Itch. I finished it, finally understanding what had happened. But, after not having done this for a long time, I felt kinda relieved I had finished it.

I did enjoy it, maybe other people that are better at a lot of action would enjoy it more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Itch.

Finished Reading