Betul's Reviews > All of Me

All of Me by A.L. Jackson

bookshelves: 2018, arc, contemporary-romance, single-parent, reviewed

**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

description

Amy is one of my most read authors, and I always look forward to her books. She has a very poetic way of telling a story that appeals to me. Even though All of Me isn't my favorite by her, I still enjoyed it. I liked the characters and I was interested to see how the story would develop. I wanted to see how Ian and Grace would finally be together. It definitely wasn't easy and there were many obstacles that prevented them to be happy. I have to admit that I liked the second half of the story more than I did the first. In my opinion that is when the story really picked up and it got more intriguing. I also loved the hint of suspense that was added to the story. Amy creates great villains, and I secretly hope that Amy one day will write a full-on romantic suspense series.

I did have a couple of issues with how the story started. I would've shuffled some things around in the story, for example I was expecting Ian to be Grace's attorney earlier on in the story. So that the forbidden aspect was present from the start. The insta-lust was a bit too much, I personally am not a big fan of it. I also wanted more of a build-up to Ian and Grace having sex. Ian isn't open to be in a committed relationship because of the things that happened in his past, and are still happening in his current life. However, when he meets Grace he feels a very strong attraction/connection to her. Which shows that when you meet the one, you can't really resist what your heart wants. My heart broke for Ian, he really did have a very bad childhood. The flashbacks showing this were absolutely heartbreaking. Overall, I enjoyed this story and I loved seeing Jace and Faith (from the previous book) make appearances in All of Me. I am looking forward to Mack's story, I can't wait to see who he ends up with.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All of Me.

April 20, 2018 – Shelved