Giselle's Reviews > Catching Jordan

Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally

Nov 17, 2011

bookshelves: arc, ebook
Read from November 23 to 25, 2011

What did I think of Catching Jordan? Umm.. well.. it was FREAKING AMAZING! There is just so much I could say about this book. It has romance, humor, love, loss, friendship, family - it has something for absolutely everyone. Even if you aren't into sports - like me - or know nothing about football - like me - don't even hesitate to pick it up. This is a masterpiece written by a brilliant mastermind that you Can. Not. Miss!!

*fangirling!*

Ok, phew. Now, let's start with Jordan. Our dear wonderful Jordan who is over six feet tall, plays football and is considered "one of the guys" is completely loveable and such a sweetheart. She may be a tomboy, but she has the same teenage angst and emotions as any other girl. She wants to talk about her recent crush, vent about not being supported by her dad, and someone to teach her how she's supposed to kiss. I connected with Jordan immediately - she made me laugh and cry. She made me feel her heart flutter and then break. This was a definite emotional ride that I won't soon forget!

The romance is absolutely swoon-worthy. The chemistry in Catching Jordan is phenomenal. Not just the love chemistry either. A connection is deeply felt between all of the characters: the team, the friends, the families. It's all so incredibly well-written with charisma floating off the pages that you'll see these people come alive. This is the first book I've read that has made me laugh to the point of tears (I'm so glad I wasn't in public) and now that it's over, my heart is so filled that I desperately want to hug this book, marry it, and have it's babies!

Catching Jordan is not simply a love story. It's so so so much more; It's about going for your dreams, overcoming obstacles and never giving up believing they will happen. You will undoubtedly finish this book with a smile on your face!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catching Jordan.

11/24/2011
11.0% "Ooh this is already a lot of fun!" 2 comments
11/25/2011
38.0% "Holy sh*t I'm gonna fricking piss my pants! "at the fake baby part"" 1 comment
02/06/2016 marked as: read

Sashana *adds to tbr* Awesome review, Giselle.

Giselle Thanks Sashana! You will LOVE IT!!!! :D

Juhina I'm really excited for this one!

message 4: by Rachel (new) - added it

Rachel I've been really unsure about this one, but your review makes me think that it'll be my sort of read. Glad you enjoyed it. :)

message 5: by Janina (last edited Nov 26, 2011 02:13AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Janina Yay!! I'll be reading this with my bookcub in December and can't wait :). So glad you loved it!

Amy (Turn the Page) Ooo good to hear its so good - its on my wishlist ;) Maybe Il get this for xmas :D

Giselle Yay! This is a MUST READ!! Can't wait to see what you all think :)

Jennifer I cannot wait to read this! Great review!

Giselle Thanks Jennifer!

~Tina~ Great review! Your making me really excited to read this now!!

Giselle Ooh Tina!! You will LOVE IT!!!!

Giselle PS - I said thank you in my IMM post on my blog today! ;)

Arlene What Tina said. :D

♥Rachel♥ I thought this was "FREAKING AMAZING" too, Giselle! Great review. :)

Giselle Thanks ladies!

Looking forward to your review Arlene! There is NO WAY you won't like this one!!

Deborah I totaly agree. This is an amzing book. A total re-read:D I don't think any girl won't like this. Anyonefor that matter!

message 17: by Jordan (new) - added it

Jordan Walker Amazing review, sure you aren't a writer yourself? Definitely adding to the TBR. Also any other recommendations?

Giselle @Jordan: No not a writer haha but thank you! :) I definitely recommend reading the other books in this series. They,re companion novels meaning they follow different characters that are all from the same general area/school.

Something sporty that's more a romance like this would be: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

Something not sporty but amazingly character driven and romance based: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

There are so many more contemporary books I could recommend though. You could browse my contemporary shelf here (if you sort by rating you'll get the best ones first ;): https://www.goodreads.com/review/list... and see if any more catch your eye :)

Mandy Hayes Agree

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Your comment is... well... FREAKING AMAZING! :)

message 21: by Tandie (new) - added it