Kelshei's Reviews > We Own the Sky

We Own the Sky by Sara Crawford

Read 2 times. Last read April 14, 2018 to April 17, 2018.

Many people talk about having imaginary friends when they are young, but most people grow out of that. When the confusion strikes is when a person believes what they are seeing are imaginary friends and they find out those “imaginary” friends are anything but. Such is the case for Sylvia Baker, who has recently returned from a stay in an inpatient mental facility and who sees “flickering people”. What budding musician Sylvia does not realize is that those flickering people are former artists whom the Muse Urania has turned into Earthly Muses to carry on the work of inspiring artists. But Sylvia does not realize that her ability to see the Muses has put her in very real danger.

As a fan of music of various genres, I really enjoyed how the author wove the various songs into the story and the fact that she included a playlist so that her readers can get an idea of the music that inspired her through the writing of this book. This book is a very unique take on the Greek Muses and how the idea of Art has changed over the centuries; how the idea of artists has changed over the centuries. There is some darker subject matter like teenage drinking, drug use, and depression. As such, I would recommend parental guidance. However, the novel is one I feel comfortable recommending to mature readers 16+.

I am definitely interested in reading further novels in this series and further novels by this author.

Reviewed by HR Duby for Romance Authors that Rock

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read We Own the Sky.

Finished Reading