Cathy's Reviews > Diamond Fire

Diamond Fire by Ilona Andrews

bookshelves: read-2018

It was good. Catalina doesn‘t sound particularly different from Nevada‘s inner voice, though. The main character was completely interchangeable for me.

A bit low on plot, not the full „IA-Experience“, as another reviewer put it. I don‘t think it‘s supposed to be that, though. It‘s more about moving the main story away from Nevada and Connor and establishing Catalina as the next main character for the coming books.

For genre I would place this in the Young Adult corner. I recommend reading the main series, Hidden Legacy, first (which is not YA).

~*~*~*~
In other news from Publisher’s Lunch Deals section:
Three more novels in Ilona Andrews‘ Hidden Legacy series, focusing on the emerging powers and personalities of previously-introduced House Baylor family members, for publication starting in fall 2019, plus a novella to bridge the gap, published by Avon Impulse in November 2018

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Diamond Fire.

April 19, 2018 – Shelved
April 19, 2018 – Shelved as: ordered
November 7, 2018 – Started Reading
November 11, 2018 – Shelved as: read-2018
November 11, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Holly I agree that this one felt more YA. I'm hoping the next book will be a couple of years later.

Cathy My guess is that this Alessandro will show up prominently... and yes, that will hopefully not be YA!

Cathy I read something about a time skip of 3 years for the next one, is that what it will be? Good!