Brenda's Reviews > Abandoned

Abandoned by Allison Brennan

20396331

Many thanks to Netgalley and St. Martin's Press for an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Suspense, suspense, and more suspense! Until I read other reviews I did not realize this book was part of a previous series. I read it as a stand alone story and really enjoyed it. The characters were introduced at a nice pace, not too rushed and not to slow as the story developed into a gripping plot. The plot was well thought out by the author and the twists kept coming.

My only criticism was the way some of the dialogue was written. When two people were in a discussion, the sentences all ran together. I often had to reread a paragraph to follow the discussion between two characters. Like.. "Hello. How are you? Oh, I'm fine thanks. How are you? Did you see Max? No, did you.?" There was no delineation to identify who was speaking, no quotations or he said, she said. It got confusing at times.

The author did a realistic job in the story delivery. My visualizations of the area and people were very clear. I felt I was there myself right along with Max, Eve, Brian, David, Gabriel and the rest. Ms. Brennan has a vivid imagination that took us on an interesting flight through parental abandonment, art thievery, a small sleepy resort town, murder, love, trust fund kids, lies and secrets. All this wrapped up into a fabulous read.

Get yourself a copy. This is a book is pretty difficult to put down once you pick it up. Enjoy the ride.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Abandoned.

April 19, 2018 – Started Reading