Kimberly's Reviews > Compelled by Fate

Compelled by Fate by Christa Paige

Recommended for: anyone who loves paranormal romance, especially vampire romance, and alpha males
Read 2 times. Last read April 10, 2018 to April 15, 2018.

Oh, my! Christa Paige continues to raise the bar with Compelled by Fate. I believe this is the second book in the Kan Asma Vampires series, and she's got your alpha males right here! (Okay, only one alpha male is the true focus of this novel, but you'll meet and/or get re-acquainted with several others!)

This is the story of Vastian, the fearless warrior prince, and his mate Nathalia. Bound by duty, they come together under the most tragic of circumstances and must overcome heartbreak, scandal, opposition, and a new and lethal danger from The Faction, a fringe society of disgruntled Kan Asma determined to put a stop to the ancient laws regarding Kan Asma traditions, no matter the cost.

Christa has once again crafted a world so fantastic, yet so believable. One of the things I particularly loved about this novel was the attention devoted to the rich traditions of the Kan Asma. You'll feel like you're one of them as they go through preparations for their ancient, time-honored rituals. And you'll be pulled even further into the lives of this strong, proud vampire race.

As someone who has not read the first in the series, Mated In Treason, I feel that this novel stands strong as a stand-alone. So if you're a reader who might be put off by the fact that it's the second in a series, either read Mated In Treason NOW, or read this one first, like me. You won't just be thrown into a story with no idea of what's going on, because the author immerses you in the Kan Asma culture right away.

You won't want to put this one down! I am ready for the next book already.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Compelled by Fate.

Finished Reading