Rajan's Reviews > 65 Colors of Rainbow

65 Colors of Rainbow by Smit Kapila

liked it
Read 2 times. Last read April 18, 2018 to April 20, 2018.

Smit Kapila is an Electronics engineer who works in an MNC.
A declaration first: I am also an engineer so I have a soft corner for engineers. However I don’t work in an MNC but most of my friends do.

Life in the fast corporate world can be tense and boring most of the time. So it helps to have a sense of humour. The purpose of the book is to find fun in normal workplace situations. This is not a full blown novel or even short stories. These are stories culled from daily office goof ups, banter, pranks and foolish episodes.

There are sixty five tales. These are like LAPREK (LAGHU PREM KATHA) of Ravish Kumar. The only difference is that these are not romantic but fun stories. So these can be called LAHAK (Laghu Hasya Katha).

The situations are everyday office happenings with which any corporate employee can identify. Like writing abuses (good words ahem) in mail and using reply all. So all girls vanish from group.

Typing a generic mail and keeping using forward option so the trails also goes to everyone. Sleeping in office conference room and getting up when the meeting starts.

Bet one for me was when a mechanical engineer (who have no female students during college) asking for a change of project. When he is asked the reason the candid reply is that there are no girls on the team. So he is thrown out.

It is a good humours book. 3.5/5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 65 Colors of Rainbow.

April 18, 2018 – Started Reading