Mikila Marshall's Reviews > The Man of My Dreams

The Man of My Dreams by Gladys Quintal

Nov 17, 2011

Read on November 17, 2011

*******MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*******
Ever since the death of her parents at the age of 17, Cassie has been dreaming about a dark haired man. He always comes to her in times of trouble to comfort her and help her through the toughest of days. But now after the devastating break up with her boyfriend, Cassie struggles with separating reality from her dreams.

During a trip to her family beach house, her dream man becomes her lover and Cassie finds herself longing for this man to be in her life. But trying to find out the truth about him leaves her questioning her very existence and sanity.

She is convinced her dream man is real and connected to a string of macabre murders over the last 20 years. Fearing for her life, Cassie prays she is right about him and that he can save her before it is too late.
I had won a Paperback copy of The Man of My Dreams on Gladys Quintal's Facebook page. It was already in my to read list so I was very eager to read it. Desperate even. I picked it up in the morning thinking to myself I would just read a chapter or two just to give myself a taster until the evening where I could continue it whilst led in bed listening to the wind and rain. But the two chapters led to another two, which got up to 143 before I had to put it down again. Which I hated. I was engrossed in every single page. I lingered on every single word. I needed to read more and fast so I fed my addiction with a chapter here and there, sneaking off to get caught up in Cassie's life. Her dream man was perfect. Who wouldn't want a vigilante vampire seducing them? I think the world would be a much better place with them around. :) I liked how everyone had a place in the story. The story was told by all the character's so you knew how they were feeling in their situation. I loved how the dream guy came to Cassie. And how he had stuck around keeping an eye on her for so long. I also like the sinister characters. Yes, this is my crazy self talking. The sweet maniac that you would never suspect in a Million years. But I also love when they get taken down :) Everything in the book played out in my mind as if I was really living it. I imagined how sexy the dream guy looked in dream land and how hideous he looked in reality. The criminals that lurk in the shadows then being torn to shreds.
I would recommend this book to everyone. It is very raunchy in places so maybe age 16+. I really enjoyed every single page of the book, probably why I finished it within hours. Probably the least amount of time I have ever taken to read a book, so it is worth the read :D
I give it a solid 5 Stars. Congratulations Gladys I look forward to reading more of your work in the future :D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Man of My Dreams.