Nanna -DD-'s Reviews > Fifty Shades of Grey

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

Nov 17, 2011

Read 2 times. Last read November 17, 2011 to November 24, 2011.

I've already read it twice. This is so I can re-read it as part of a Buddy read challenge. ;)This story never gets old. For original read, go here: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

Quotes Nanna -DD- Liked

E.L. James
“This is a man in need. His fear is naked and obvious, but he's lost. . . Somewhere in his darkness.
His eyes wide and bleak and tortured. I can soothe him. Join him briefly in the darkness and bring him into the light.”
E.L. James, Fifty Shades of Grey

E.L. James
“He grabs me suddenly and yanks me up against him, one hand at my back holding me to him and the other fisting in my hair.
"You're one challenging woman," He kisses me, forcing my lips apart with his tongue, taking no prisoners.
"It's taking all my self-control not to fuck you on the hood of this car, just to show you that you're mine, and if I want to buy you a fucking car, I'll buy you a fucking car," he growls.”
E.L. James, Fifty Shades of Grey

Finished Reading (ebook Edition)
May 3, 2011 – Shelved (ebook Edition)
November 17, 2011 – Started Reading
November 17, 2011 – Shelved
November 17, 2011 –
0.0% "re-reading it in three days as part of a buddy read challenge"
November 20, 2011 –
4.0% "13: "I don't have a philosophy as such. Maybe a guiding principle - Carnegie's: 'A man who acquires the ability to take full possession of his ownmind may take possesion of anything else to whichhe is justly entitled.' I.m very singular, driven. I like control - of myself and those around me." "So you want to possess things?" You are a control freak. "I want to deserve to posess them, but yes, bottom line, I do.""
November 20, 2011 –
12.0% "44: hahaha, love this scene ;P - "you're so domineering," I giggle. "Ana, so help me, where the fuck are you?" "I'm in a bar in Portland... s'a long way from seattle." "Where in Portland?" "Goodnight, Christian." "Ana!" I hang uo. Ha! My phone rings and it makes me jump. I yelp in surprise. "Hi," "I'm coming to get you," he says and hangs up. Only Christian Grey could sound so calm and so threatening at the same time"
November 20, 2011 –
14.0% "51: "Well, if you were mine, you wouldn't be able to sit down for a week after the stunt you pulled yesterday. ""
November 20, 2011 –
16.0% "70: "Does this mean you're going to make love to me tonight, Christian?" Holy shit. Did I just say that? His mouth drops open slightly, but he recovers quickly. "No, Anastacia it doesn't. Firstly, I don't make love. I fuck . . . hard. Secondly there's a lot more paperwork to do, and thirdly, you don't yet know what your in for. You could still run for the hills. Come, I want to show you my playroom.""
November 20, 2011 –
24.0% "86: "You are mine," he whispers. "Only Mine. Don't forget it." His voice is intoxicating, his words heady, seductive. I feel his growing erection against my thigh."
November 21, 2011 –
32.0% "112: "Oh. . . by the way, I'm wearing your underwear." I give him a small smile and pull up the waistband of the boxer briefs I'm wearing so he can see. Christian's mouth drops open, shocked. What a great reaction. My mood shifts immediately, and I sashay into the house, part of me wanting to jump and punch the air. YES! My inner goddess is thrilled."
32.0% "117"
November 22, 2011 –
47.0% ""Look at him!" One of the girls beside me breathes enthsiastically to her friend. "He's hot." I stiffen. I'm sure they're not talking about Professor Collins. "Must be Christian Grey." "Is he single?" I bristle. "I don't think so," I murmur. "Oh." Both girls look at me in surprise. "I think he's gay," I mutter. "What a shame," one of the girls groan."
November 22, 2011 –
52.0% "185: He grabs me suddenly and yanks me up against him, one hand at my back holding me to him and the other fisting in my hair. "You're one challenging woman" He kisses me, forcing my lips apart withhis tongue, taking no prisoners. "It's taking all my self-control not to fuck you on the hood of this car, just to show you that you're mine, and if I want to buy you a fucking car, I'll buy you a fucking car" he growls"
November 22, 2011 –
54.0% "192.My eyes reach for the heavens. "Oh Ana, did you just roll your eyes at me?" crap. "No" I squeak. "What did I say I'd do to you if you rolled your eyes at me again?" Shit. He sits down onthe bed. "Come here" he says softly. I blanch.He's seroius. I sit staring at him immobile. "I haven't signed" "I told you what I'd do. I'm a man of my word. I'm going to spank you, and then I'm going to fuck you very quick & hard""
November 22, 2011 –
71.0% "221: "The Dr. said that I have to abstain from all sexual activity for four weeks." Christian's mouth drops open in shock, and I cannot keep a straight face any longer and grin at him like an idiot. "Gotcha!" He narrows his eyes, and I immediately stop laughing. In fact, he looks rather forbidding. Oh shit. All the blood drains from my face, and I imagine him putting me across his knee again. "Gotcha!" he smirks."
November 22, 2011 –
65.0% "231: Suddenly, he scoops me up and carries me curled against his chest to my room. My head drops against his chest. I am exhausted. I don't remember ever being this tired. Pulling back the duvet, he lays me down, and even more surprisingly, climbs in beside meand holds me close. "Sleep now, gorgeous girl," he whispers, and he kisses my hair. And before I can make a facetious comment, I'm asleep."
November 23, 2011 –
67.0% "233: He wants me to be embarrassed and ask for my panties back, and he'll either say yes or no. My inner goddess grins at me. Hell... two can play that particular game. Resolving there and then not to ask him for them and not give him that satisfaction, I shall go meet his parents sans culottes. I almost hug myself with glee because I know this will drive him crazy."
November 23, 2011 –
70.0% "Christian pulls me behind him, and my heels sink into the soft grass. \n "Stop, please.! I am stumbling in his wake. \n He stops and gazes at me, his expression unfathomable. \n "My heels. I need to take my shoes off." \n "Don't bother," he says, and he bends down and scoops me over his shoulder. I squeal loudly with shocked surprise, and he gives me a ringing slap on my behind. \n "Keep your voice down," he growls"
November 23, 2011 –
70.0% "250: "Come on, Miss Steele, you have a big day tomorrow. Sooner you're in bed, sooner you'll be fucked, and sooner you can sleep." "Mr. Grey, you are a born romantic.""
November 23, 2011 –
72.0% "258: He waits, staring out of the window, master of his univers, staring down at the little people below from this castle in the sky."
November 23, 2011 –
87.0% "309: "I want to roll my eyes at you" "By all means, do, and you'll make my day," he says sternly. I gaze up at the ceiling. "Well a spanking would wake me up, I suppose." I purse my lips in quiet contemplation. Christian's mouth drops open. "On the other hand, I don't want you to be all hot and bothered, the climate here is warm enough." I shrug nonchalantly. Christian closes his mouth and fails at looking displeased"
November 23, 2011 –
90.0% "321: I fume. Jeez. Supposing I've said I hate him, or worse still, that I love him, in my sleep."
November 24, 2011 –
98.0% "348: "Anyone would think you didn't want me to catch you." "I don't. That's the point. I feel about punishment the way you feel about me touching you." His entire demeanor changes in a nanosecond. Gone is the playful Christian, and he stands staring at me as if I'd slapped him. He's ashen. "That's how you feel?" he whispers. Those four words, and the way he utters them, speaks volumes. oh no."
November 24, 2011 –
98.0% "349; This is a man in need. His fear is naked and obvious, but he's lost... Somewhere in his darkness. His eyes wide and bleak and tortured. I can soothe him. Join him briefly in the darkness and bring him into the light."
November 24, 2011 – Finished Reading
November 26, 2011 – Shelved as: favorites (ebook Edition)

Sarah Just read this review and I am going to have to check this book out today! I've never even heard of it, but looking at the reviews, I am missing out! :)

Nanna -DD- You so won't regret it !!!!! It's a must read!