Aly's Reviews > Dear Jane

Dear Jane by Marissa Clarke

Eric Blackwell is an attorney who's got a crush on his boss's daughter. Even if he had the confidence to ask Jane Dixon on a date, there's a strict non-fraternization policy at the office and she have only one rule : no lawyer. But when he catch her having an emotional turmoil about her inability to get a second date and after trying to comfort her, and him not being the cocky and confident guy, he end up, without knowing how, having to find her dates with other men. But it's not too long before Jane begin to notice him and realize she's more interested in him than the dates he find her.

It's my first time reading this author and you can be sure it won't be the last. She made a very strong first impression. In fact, this novella is the funniest story I read this year so far ! I didn't expect that. It felt like a romantic comedy but without the over the top they too often put in it. There's so many things I could list to tell you why this book was amazing and funny, but I don't want to spoil the fun for you ;p So I'll just say it's full of witty humor and banters. It was refreshing to have a hero who was nor alpha, nor broody, nor cocky. Just a little clueless in a cute way but still attuned to the heroine and sexy in bed :p

For a short story the romance was remarkably well done; not rushed and believable. You know what's great too ? It's free on Amazon. And I only have to wait one week before book 2 is released ! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dear Jane.

April 17, 2018 – Shelved