Emily P's Reviews > The Prayer Coin: Daring to Pray with Honest Abandon

The Prayer Coin by Elisa Morgan

This was a challenging, engaging read for me. The Prayer Coin focuses on our two choices with which to deal with struggles in our Christian life: "Take this cup" : Honesty on our turmoil, ie, we'd like for God to take our challenges away, and "Not my will" : realizing God's will is far better than what we'd choose for ourselves. Sometimes the choices fall right beside each other, sometimes we need help figuring which is the best route.

Is it okay to question God? Yes. Can He handle it? Once again, yes. The phrases above illustrate Jesus' struggle to do not only what He knew had to be done, but defer to what God's plan included-- His pain, suffering and death on the cross, in exchange for eternity with His people by His side.

I am ordering a hard copy of this book, as I know of several friends who could benefit from the wisdom in The Prayer Coin. I would like to be able to offer another way to frame the issues many of us have, sometimes on an hourly basis. Elisa Morgan has done a fabulous job of making you think, question and detail why we process choices the way we do, and how we should view the opportunity of seeking God's wisdom to help us choose better things for ourselves and others.

* I received a PDF from NetGalley for my review. All opinions shared above are my own and I was not required to leave a positive review. I appreciate the chance to review this title by Discovery House.*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Prayer Coin.

April 3, 2018 – Started Reading
April 17, 2018 – Shelved
April 18, 2018 –
100.0% "Great, challenging read about choosing to put the prayer coin into practice based on Luke 22:42. Jesus chose to be honest with His prayers "Take this cup" while also accepting with abandon "Not my will, but Yours."

Powerful illustration, filled with great ideas on how to pray and accept God's will in every circumstance, without being afraid of the results. Great read!"
April 18, 2018 – Finished Reading