Shaly's Reviews > The Dragon Blood Collection, Books 1-3

The Dragon Blood Collection, Books 1-3 by Lindsay Buroker

bookshelves: lindsay-buroker

1) Balanced on the Blades Edge
4 Stars

This was exciting. My first read by this author and I enjoyed it very much. With so many colorful characters, a sarcastically funny sword and two main leads with a great sense of humor, this made for a very engaging read. I wished there was more on Sardelle's past but there was still enough information to keep the reader interested.

2) Deathmaker
4.5 Stars

Not all pirates are sexy...in fact these pirates were just downright disgusting... except for Tolemek but I guess that's due to the fact that he was actually a scientist and not really a pirate..at least not at heart.

In any case this was just as engaging as book one. Cas is alive! Yay!! Though every single escape attempt is thwarted due to the fact that she's really bad at it, I mean like extremely bad. In fact the only two things she is good at is flying and shooting because homegirl can't fight to save her life..so sad but funny too.

It was great seeing Sardelle, Ridge and especially Jaxi again. Those three are exceptionally funny, even during inappropriate times but it makes for a nice light read whereas some parts were dark and just plain wrong. Still there were many interesting characters in this book and the interaction between all the pilots was entertaining to read while simultaneously your heart is pounding with the not knowing if the pirates will succeed or not.

3) Blood Charged
4.5 Stars

Well this 'friendly' group sure do know how to keep getting into big ass trouble, of course they all seem to have shamrocks crammed up their asses because the more trouble they get into, the more shit they stir...the more they get away...not unscathed but get away they do.

The enemy in this book turns out to be a hell of a lot smarter than the good guys, almost unbelievably so! I was getting a bit disheartened that at every turn Ridge and his people were being thwarted by the Cofahs and their dragon blood infused inventions. Though with all of the silly banter, witticisms and comebacks between this group, this third installment makes for a very interesting, engaging, page turning read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dragon Blood Collection, Books 1-3.

April 17, 2018 – Started Reading