t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog's Reviews > Fifty Shades Darker

Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James

Nov 16, 2011

bookshelves: owned, favorites, romance-contemporary
Recommended to t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ by: PA and Katya!
Recommended for: Everyone who loves Romance
Read in January, 2012 — I own a copy

*sigh* another emotional roller coaster from E.L. James..and what a ride. Christian is back in all his "glory" and Ana comes back stronger than ever. In part two we see their relationship grow as they get to know each other. They have to handle adversity, jealous women, and the past.

The book as left me in an emotional knot. I am loving it so much. The characters feel like people I know. Ana matures so much in this book and Christian finds who he truly is..the connection with these two is unbelievable. For a relationship based book, the plot moves quickly and adds suspense into the mix. I couldn't put it down I was so wrapped up the world of Fifty Shades. To see Christian's personality emerge in his emails was a foreshadow as to he will become. Humour, loving and caring. It is hard to believe these are the same characters from the first book. Once again sex is a strong thread in the book but it shows the growth in both characters since the first book. The scenes are HAWT!!! I admit to squirming in my chair a couple of times:)..I am truly caught in E.L. James's spell.

Wish I could give more than 5 stars...♠♠♠♠♠♠..amazing book, a treat to read. I know I will be reading this series over and over...I can't wait for the last book....are we there yet? *said in a child's voice while jumping up and down in the back seat of the car*

Jan 23 2012: Reread: I'm as awestruck with this book even the second time around. My stomach in my throat for Ana during some of her fights...and when Charlie Tango went down I had a lump in my throat the size of Seattle. I adored the scene where Ana let Elena have it. The new confident adult Ana has arrived! I have to say my favorite scene in this book is the one where Christian afraid Ana was going to leave him again, hold his head..then falls to his knees in a submissive pose. I had tears running down my face during this..and a rock in my chest. For some reason this resonated more in the second read then it did in the first. I'm sure this is not the only reread this book will have. Once again I genuflect to Ms James as I am so in awe of her talent.

5++++++ stars still:)...Now go...buy it...Start with Fifty Shades of Grey and don't put the books down until you are finished Fifty Shades Darker...and look its January ...I"m on to Fifty Shades Freed!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fifty Shades Darker.

NhaughtyV says Damn the Zon Save Reviews I am sooo reading this series...but gonna wait till the third one comes out...I have no patience!! LOL!!

t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog its killing me now to wait..and I read the blurb from the last book..and I'm crawling out of my skin. I dunno why but these books got to me...

NhaughtyV says Damn the Zon Save Reviews That's what everyone keeps saying, so I just gotta know!!!!

t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog You'll love them