K.L. Hallam's Reviews > Meet Yasmin!

Meet Yasmin! by Saadia Faruqi

Received this ARC for an honest review.

MEET YASMIN … the Explorer who discovers how useful the maps can be. The Painter, finding inspiration after much frustration, the Builder of bridges, and the Fashionista, who creates a unique style all her own, in each adventure-filled chapter.

Yasmin and her Pakistani American family will delight you in this chapter book. Yasmin shares her problem-solving skills in creative and inventive ways. She’s quite the visionary. Readers go to school with Yasmin, enter an art competition, become lost at the farmer’s market, and share in the horror of ripping her mother’s most beautiful silk kameez. But Yasmin has ideas and she gets to work.

Yasmin’s a spunky, smart, and courageous second-grader; her family life is fun and nurturing. We learn a few words in Urdu, a language from Pakistan, and there’s a delicious recipe for a yogurt drink called Lassi, plus, a bookmark craft that’s simple enough for young hands. MEET YASMIN is a welcome addition to the chapter book market. I look forward to reading more of Yasmin’s trials and learning how she tackles them, and I’m sure kids will too!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Meet Yasmin!.

Finished Reading