Silver James's Reviews > Breathe

Breathe by Kristen Ashley

bookshelves: audio-books, library, 2015-books-read, 2018-books-read, keeper, reread, romance, suspense, 2019-books-read, want-to-buy-wish-list, 2021-books-read, favorite-authors
Read 4 times. Last read April 17, 2021 to April 20, 2021.

Breathe (Colorado Mountain, #4) by Kristen Ashley 2021 re-listen: This one has ALL the drama. And I always have to take a break in this series and head over to Rock Chick to read Ally's story. Which I'm doing now.

2019 review: Chace is still a fav hero and Faye is his sweet perfection. KA does an amazing job creating "borderline" anti-heroes that the reader not only roots for but falls a little bit in love with.

2018 review: Breathtaking. Okay. Pun intended. Not sure why I didn't review/rate this book the first time I read it back in 2015 so I'll make up for it now. This is the story of a once-crooked cop, Chace Keaton, and Carnal's virginal librarian, Faye Goodnight. Chace played a role in Ty and Lexie's story as revealed in LADY LUCK. While these books are stand-alone, I think a reader would be better served to at least start with SWEET DREAMS. Technically, THE GAMBLE is the first book in the series and while Max and Nina appear in other CM books, their roles are minor and easily explained. For the books set in Carnal, CO, the characters and events from the two previous books play more major roles.

Anyway. Chace is a gray hat but to Faye? He's her knight in shining armor, even if that armor might have some chinks. For Chace, Faye is it. Their story is fraught with pitfalls, danger, a damaged boy, major black hat players and a surprise crossover. The romance is off the charts, the reader can't help but root for Chace and Faye and when she geeks out? Laugh out loud. Seriously. This is one of my favorites in the series so a 4.5 rating!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breathe.

August 7, 2015 – Started Reading (Kindle Edition)
August 7, 2015 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
August 11, 2015 – Shelved as: 2015-books-read (Kindle Edition)
August 11, 2015 – Shelved as: library (Kindle Edition)
August 11, 2015 – Finished Reading (Kindle Edition)
April 16, 2018 – Started Reading