Noura Khalid (theperksofbeingnoura)'s Reviews > Son of the Dawn

Son of the Dawn by Cassandra Clare

“He remembered traveling across the sea, having lost his family, not knowing that he was going to his best friend.”

I can’t explain to you how much sadness I felt while reading this novella. I think I could hear my heart splintering on multiple occasions. We got to see the first time Jace came to the New York institute to live with the Lightwoods. I loved seeing a glimpse of younger Jace, Alec and Isabelle. I loved how comfortable they came to being with each other.

“Jonathan Wayland shrugged. “I applied to the Iron Sisters, but they sent me a hurtful and sexist refusal.”

We also got to see our dear Jem Carstairs! Along with Rapahel Santiago and Lily Chen. Two of my favorite Vampires. It has been quite some time since I last read about these two and it felt very nostalgic. Coming back to the story and the characters always feels like coming home. I’ve been a part of the Shadowhunter fandom for the past 6 years now, and Cassandra Clare’s books always seem like comfort reads for me.

"Jem hoped he would find happiness.
Jem smiled back at a boy long gone.
Sometimes, Will, he said. You seem very close."

I loved reading from Jem’s point of view. He’ll always have a special place in my heart. I’m so excited to read the rest of the stories in the Ghosts of Shadow Market Anthology.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Son of the Dawn.

Quotes Noura Liked

Cassandra Clare
“Despair was never stronger than the thought of them. He could not betray them by giving up.”

Cassandra Clare
“They are Will and Tessa, and you were Ke Jian Ming. You were James Carstairs. You were Jem.”

Cassandra Clare
“The letters were worn by time and Zachariah's own flesh, but they had been struck deep into the wood in the precise places where Zachariah would put his hands on them when they fought. So, in a way, they would always be fighting together.
The letters were W and H.”

Cassandra Clare
“I carved his initials here because I always fought best with him.”

Cassandra Clare
“I don't want to be weak, and I don't want to be sorry. I want to be the best.”
tags: jace

Cassandra Clare
“No, said Jem, because he was always James Carstairs when he spoke of what was dearest to him. Not mine. My parabatai’s. W and H. William Herondale. Will”

April 16, 2018 – Shelved