Barb 's Reviews > Variant

Variant by Robison Wells

VARIANT held my interest from the first chapter to the last. Robison Wells winds an intriguing story that at first seems like it is moving in one direction, and then BAM, it twists and takes you somewhere unexpected. I liked that. His main character Benson Fisher is likable and believeable despite the unbelievable situation he has found himself in.

Without sharing any spoilers, VARIANT takes the reader into Maxfield Academy, a boarding school without teachers or adults of any kind. Ruled by three "gangs" and an invisible presence who communicates via TV and computer screen. Benson is the newest student at Maxfield Academy and from the moment he steps foot onto the property, his life is no longer his own. Author Wells, offers several twists and turns as we experience Maxfield with Benson.

VARIANT is a quick read and one that was difficult to put down. If you enjoy stories like the "Twilight Zone" and Michael Grant's "Gone" series, VARIANT will not disappoint. Even if you are new this type of suspenseful YA fiction, VARIANT will not disappoint. It is a recommended read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Variant.

November 16, 2011 – Shelved
November 22, 2011 – Started Reading
November 22, 2011 –
page 36
November 25, 2011 –
page 140
37.53% "VARIANT has my attention. Very curious to discover the secrets behind the boarding school Maxfield Academy."
November 27, 2011 – Finished Reading