Iris's Reviews > Foolish Hearts

Foolish Hearts by Emma   Mills

I read this a month ago, and I simply do not remember much. It's not that this book wasn't memorable, I just... can't remember what I wanted to SAY about it.

Oh well, I'll give it a try.

This was such a fun book! I really enjoyed it, and like, I binged it in a day. So that must say something.

SHORT LIST OF THINGS TO LOVE

- Sweet romances! The main romance was fun and sweet, plus the side romance was adorable, and honestly I just shipped them both so much!

- Great friendships! Claudia and Iris had such a beautiful friendship, and I loved it! And Gideon and what's his face had the most pure, sweet friendship ever.

- Complicated, messy, but overall loving family relationships! Claudia's family was messy. There were fights and tough times. But it was also such a kind, caring family, and it was wonderful.

- Just great characters in general! In case you couldn't tell, I adored these characters! Claudia was a good MC, Iris was fantastic, and Gideon was wonderful! As was everyone else whose names I can't remember!

- Theatre! I have a soft spot for theatre books, and as much as I have exactly zero interest in the costume design aspect of it, I adored the theatre-yness of it! Just theatre vibes. So many theatre vibes.

- I love that the characters have interests. Not necessarily things that will help them in life, or be a career, just things they enjoy doing. Whether it's obsessively failing over a band, or spending hours playing video games. It makes them very real.

- The whole thing is just so FUN!

A VERY, VERY SHORT LIST OF THINGS I DISLIKED

- I feel like it was a *little bit* all over the place? I think that was this book? I definitely felt it with the author's other book, and if I recall correctly, this one was just the tiniest bit all over the place too.

Ummm... yeah. No other memorable dislikes. This book was SO FUN, and I would HIGHLY recommend it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Foolish Hearts.

April 14, 2018 – Shelved
April 14, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
July 19, 2018 – Started Reading
page 14
4.38% "I can't yet decide whether I'm going to really hate, or really love Iris, but I'm hoping for the later, because there's nothing quite like coming across a character with your name, and absolutely hating them."
page 68
21.25% "I will always love reading about theatre, but I have to say, I wish I were reading from the perspective of someone in the cast..."
page 263
82.19% "Awww, this is adorable! I ship them so much..."
July 19, 2018 – Shelved as: 4-and-a-half-stars
July 19, 2018 – Shelved as: romance
July 19, 2018 – Shelved as: theatre
July 19, 2018 – Finished Reading
February 24, 2019 – Shelved as: any-lgbtqiap-at-all

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Red_Queen_Lover Loved this book. It want my favorite out of Emma Mills, but was good nonetheless!

Iris Red_Queen_Lover wrote: "Loved this book. It want my favorite out of Emma Mills, but was good nonetheless!"

It was just so fun, right?!

Red_Queen_Lover Right! Gideon was so cute and sometimes gullible. He was fun to read about and so was Claudia. Emma has a way with the main characters she writes about. Most of the time her characters are sarcastic which enjoy reading about bc I'm sarcastic, so I enjoyed this

Iris Red_Queen_Lover wrote: "Right! Gideon was so cute and sometimes gullible. He was fun to read about and so was Claudia. Emma has a way with the main characters she writes about. Most of the time her characters are sarcasti..."

They're just so fun to read about, agreed! And yup. Sarcasm is the best.