Leonie Byrne's Reviews > Charmcaster

Charmcaster by Sebastien de Castell

bookshelves: fantasy

Thank you to Netgalley, Sebastien De Castell and Bonnie Zaffre for my arc of Charmcaster.

Publication Date: 17th May 2018

Oh how happy I am to be back in the world of Kellen, Ferius and Reichis! I stumbled upon this series last year when the first book Spellslinger was on offer in Asda. I've been hooked ever since. I'm so glad Charmcaster ended the way it does as it guarantees there will be another book in this series and I can't wait! Plus the covers look beautiful so even though I read the 2nd and 3rd as arcs I'll still be buying them for my shelves and a reread.

Kellen, Ferius and Reichis are being tracked across the desert by a mysterious mage. But when things take a turn for the worst and the mage is kidnapped by religious nuts, Ferius decides they need to go on a rescue mission. What they find changes the path of their destinies once again. Heading out to the city of inventors, the gang including its two new members are on the hunt for a mechanical bird which has shown up as a discordance in the Argosi's cards.

Charmcaster was just as fast paced as the first two novels which I absolutely love. There's nothing like a book you can't stop reading and can't put down. All of the characters in this series are so great and I love the banter between them, particularly where Reichis is concerned!

It was also great to learn a little more about the different cultures within the world the characters inhabit. There's still a lot of interesting world building to get through and each novel gives you a taster of the secrets the Jan'Tep in particular are hiding.

I can't wait to see what happens with next with Kellen and the rest of the gang, and if you've not read this series yet, what are you waiting for???

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Charmcaster.

April 14, 2018 – Started Reading